Saying yes to your wedding dress is a day that we've all dreamt about! One of the biggest tips we can give you - make an entire day out of dress shopping. Make the experience fun, curated to you, and full of once in a lifetime memories with your people! From pre-appointment brunch to celebratory activities after you say yes we have put together a list of some of our favorite places in Detroit to truly make for the ultimate wedding dress shopping experience.
FIRST STOP - BRUNCH AND CAFFEINE
Two of our favorite local spots near our boutique are Brush Park Bodega and Cafe Sous Terre. Both offering a variety of food, coffee, and cocktail/mocktail options sure to set an excited tone as you head into your bridal appointment. With both of these options being only a short distance away from our Detroit boutique, it makes either a great choice to start the day.
NEXT UP - YOUR BRIDAL APPOINTMENT AT LUXE REDUX BRIDAL
At Luxe Redux you shop designer wedding gowns off-the-rack, for a fraction of the retail price. When you say YES, you get to take your gown home that same day!
While at Luxe Redux, your appointment is every bit as luxurious and personalized as the shopping experience you’d enjoy at a traditional special-order boutique. Our expert stylists curate an individualized selection of sample gowns to match your style, vision, and dream wedding look - which can include wedding wardrobes, and accessories to finish your look. While you’re in our boutique, your stylist will spend your two-hour appointment exclusively helping you.
YOU SAID YES! CELEBRATION IS IN STORE
After saying yes to your dress, it’s time to celebrate! One of our favorite places for a celebration is Mad Nice. With its modern Italian menu, surrounded by coastal chic decor and mid-century design with sophisticated service, we can't think of a better place to cheers to finding your dream dress.
The celebrating doesn’t have to stop there (you just said YES to your wedding dress)! Whether you continue the fun by treating yourself to mani/pedis, visiting local shops and vendors in the area, grabbing a bite to eat or drink with your friends and family, or finding a sweet treat - Detroit has all of that to offer and more.
LET THE CELEBRATION CONTINUE
These are our recommendations for shops, restaurants, and things you won’t want to miss near Midtown, Detroit:
- Polished Lounge: Neighborhood nail salon serving as a relaxing oasis for clients to unwind from a busy life + enjoy being pampered
- Detroit Shipping Co: Home to six individually operated restaurants, offering a unique take on classic street foods from around the world + three bars featuring custom cocktails, a rotating draft beer selection and over 40 canned craft beers
- Cold Truth: Vegan soft serve made from scratch in hand-made gluten free waffle cones with flavors made from real food and toppings curated with love
- Bon Bon Bon: A livelihood based on the idea that good people deserve good chocolate
- Grey Ghost Detroit: A neighborhood eatery + cocktail bar priding itself on midwest hospitality
- Old Soul Vintage: Specializes in buying and selling vintage clothing, accessories & products spanning the 1900s-1990s
- Third Man Records: Eclectic + trendy shop offering an array of music, apparel & gifts, plus live shows
- City Bird + Nest: City Bird includes a wholesome selection of local Michigan gifts and apparel + Nest features quality goods and gifts for the home including plants, apothecary items, and candles
- John K. King Used and Rare Books: Local bookstore specializing in used + rare books
- Eastern Market: Open air market featuring fresh produce, meats, baked goods, flowers and art from local vendors with year round markets every Saturday
No matter how you choose to experience + celebrate while wedding dress shopping, we are excited to help you find your dream dress! Whether you're local to the area or just visiting - tap the link below to secure your bridal appointment in our Detroit boutique!