☐ Send spreadsheet of samples you're interested in consigning to our Purchasing + Inventory Manager, Lorelei, at email@example.com. Spreadsheet must contain the following information: designer, gown name or number, size, color, MSRP, and current condition.
☐ Lorelei will send a finalized list of approved samples via email.
☐ Check condition of approved samples.
- If we receive any gowns that we feel will not sell due to condition, those gowns will be returned.
- Common issues that may prevent sell through include:
Stains + dark or extensive discoloration (esp. in underarm area)
Multiple make-up marks
Oxidation / yellowing in beading
Large rips / tears / holes
Extensive snags or pilling
- You must provide accurate retail pricing - not the markup you may warrant in your territory. Retail pricing must reflect any additional or missing features of the sample. E.g. pricing with / without overskirt.
☐ Remove gowns being sent to Luxe Redux from any other gown listing platforms.
☐ Bag samples in cloth or plastic garment bags + box up with care, including a cardboard insert to protect fabric.
- Please consolidate gowns into as few boxes as possible. Medium to large boxes are preferred.
☐ Ship gowns + send tracking information to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receiving approved list.
- If any approved gowns are not included due to condition, you can include that information along with tracking.
Tracking Consigned Gowns
Gowns on consignment are still owned by the consigning boutique; it is the owner's responsibility to keep track of consigned inventory.
- To track consigned gowns, use the form receipts from the Gown Birth Certificate.
- To track sold gowns, use the payout letters + stubs.
- Any gowns we need to remove from our inventory will be communicated via email. Be sure to remove these from your consigned gown list!
- Per the Consignment Agreement, communication regarding current + sold inventory will be limited to the above methods.
- As inventory sells, a letter is mailed out at the end of each month listing items that sold the previous month. (For example, July sales are totaled + paid out at the end of August!) Attached to the letter will be a stub that lists the payout amount for each item sold.
- If no items are sold in a given month, no letter will be mailed.
- Any item with us over 12 months can be returned to the owner upon the owner's request. Owner must initiate the request via email to Info@luxereduxbridal.com. Note that the 12 month period starts the day we receive the item(s).
- Items that remain with us over 12 months + a 14-day grace period will be subject to either steeper discounts or donation. Owner will be notified of donated gowns via email.
Pro-Tip: When you ship out inventory, mark your calendars for that day the following year! This will remind you to reach out if you'd like to receive back unsold Inventory.
Please note that you are responsible for updating Luxe Redux Bridal with any changes to contact + mailing information.
We are always seeking ways to make consignment as streamlined as possible! We are aware that BridalLive is a very popular software that many of our consigning partners use. For best practices in tracking consigned inventory and sales, please consult an accounting professional. Here are a few tips that may work for your store:
Tracking gowns currently consigned with Luxe Redux Bridal
- The Vendor Item Name field is a feature that can be easily searched but does not show up on client invoices. Using a code like CONS for consigned or LUXE for consigned with Luxe and tacking that on to whatever else you have in the field makes searching for consigned pieces convenient. Just be sure to use % to enable wildcard search!
- For example, if the gown 6500 is consigned with Luxe, the Vendor Item Name can read "6500 LUXE"
- Seaching the Vendor Item Name field with "%LUXE" will pull up this result
Tracking gowns sold at Luxe Redux Bridal
- Creating Luxe Redux Bridal as a client + ringing out sold inventory in a Sale or Layaway transaction will make recording sold items simple and convenient.